Bathroom Design / October 16, 2018 / Milena Montanez.
Decorating or remodeling your bathroom can be a big job and even require some specialized skills, but these comfortable bathroom decorating ideas are things you can do to give your bathroom a facelift without getting into a messy and expensive remodeling job.
1. Paint. Adding a new color to your bathroom is where you will get the biggest bang for the buck. Makeup can change the whole look and feel of the room in 1 day! Choose a color you can live with since you probably won’t want to be repainting it for a few years. If you already have a shower curtain that you love, coordinate the paint color with one of the colors in the curtain.
2. Shower Curtain. You probably change your shower curtain out regularly, but do you give much thought to it? This time why not pick something that is a bit more expensive but will make a statement. Get matching curtains and rugs to pull the bathroom together really.
3. Lighting. Is your bathroom lighting outdated? While this bathroom decorating idea might require an electrician, it can make a huge difference.
4. Rugs. Every bathroom needs a nice bathmat or two and why not buy bath rugs that coordinate with all your other accessories?
5. Towels. Sure, you use towels in the bathroom all the time, but do you use them to decorate? Buy some nice decorative sheets in colors that compliment your new decorating scheme and put them in a beautiful decorative basket or etagere for a soft spa-like look.
6. Get rid of the clutter. Here’s a bathroom decorating idea that won’t cost you anything - merely get rid of all that stuff hanging around on the vanity and you will see an instant improvement in how your bathroom looks. You can store it in the pride or get decorative boxes or containers and throw the stuff in there.
7. Accessorize. Don’t forget to accessorize your bathroom with unique toothbrush holders, soap dishes and even little soaps. It’s the little things that make a big difference.
8. Artwork. Who said the bathroom was no place for artwork? Putting up some beautiful art in beautiful frames can give your guests something pleasing to look at while they are using the room.
9. Plants. If you don’t get enough light in there to sustain plant life, try using some silk plants, but be sure to buy good quality ones, and no one will ever know that he or she isn’t real.
So there you have it, nine bathroom decorating ideas that you can pull off in a weekend without having to take out a home equity loan!