Kitchen Design / October 22, 2018 / Nia Dozier.
When planning the structure of your kitchen, wall spice racks should play a prominent role. You save useful shelf space by aligning all your spices and herbs in one handy location mounted to a kitchen wall. Certain features must be available in the spice rack you choose for them to be as successful a tool as possible.
Seven Components Of A Successful Spice Rack:
1. A spice rack designed for wall mounting must be handy and easily reachable for use. You have to be able to get to your spices or herbs as you need them. The design of the wall rack must ensure ease of accessibility.
2. Wall mounted spice racks must have adequate shelf size for the jars or containers to fit in. You have to be able to pull the pots out and put them back in the holder without having to arm-wrestle them.
3. Depending on how many spices you will use, spice racks need to be able to hold several containers, so that all the spices you need can stay in one spot. Some frames can contain as few as six containers; others can hold up to 24 or more.
4. Labeling is essential for the spice jars or bottles. You need to be able to tell at a glance one spice from another. Clear containers and labeling on jars that are not see-through are a must. You want to know for sure what seasoning you are seasoning your food.
5. Magnetism is essential to some kitchen cooks. Magnetic spice racks that can be wall-mounted are the easiest to use, some say, as the canisters can just be plucked from the wall for use and attached easily back in place.
6. The composition of material the spice rack made of and its durability are essential as the spice rack will probably endure a lot of use. You want it to be sturdy and stable.
7. The spice rack must blend in well with the décor of your kitchen. The materials it is made of, being wall-mounted, will be readily viewable by all who enter your kitchen. If you have wood, chrome, or metal in your kitchen you need to match; there is undoubtedly a spice rack that can match it.
Wall spice racks are available in a variety of types as to almost make it impossible not to find one that will benefit your kitchen. As the master food creator of your kitchen, you need to have your seasoning ingredients readily available. A spice rack that is wall mounted can be a time saver, as well as a space saver, for your kitchen.
Wooden spice racks bring warmth to a kitchen and can blend well with other wood attributes in your kitchen. A spice rack can bring organization and provide better utilization of space for your newly remodeled kitchen so plan for one to include with your refurbishing arrangement. When designing the structure of your kitchen, wall spice racks should play a prominent role. You save useful shelf space by aligning all your spices and herbs in one handy location mounted to a kitchen wall. Certain features must be available in the spice rack you choose for them to be as successful a tool as possible.