Bathroom Design / October 19, 2018 / Nia Dozier.
Remodeling a bathroom can be such an exciting time, especially if you have a few ideas about the direction you want to go with your project. Unfortunately, many of us dream about the ways we could remodel our bathrooms until the reality is at hand. We have to keep in mind that regardless of the overall look, the functionality of the toilet has to remain in place or the entire remodel is a waste of time, money, and talent.
Here are a few ideas to help you remodel your bathroom:
1) Make a budget and keep it holy. Establishing a budget before lifting a single finger will save heartache later on. Should not need to be said at all, and yet it is often not done until credit cards are beyond their limit. A leaves an unfinished project and hard feelings somewhere. Having a budget, in the beginning, eases this pain and gives you a guide for your planning. Also needless to say the best budget on the planet is useless if it discounted or ignored.
2) Chose a theme before you buy your supplies. If you have a certain look you want to go with it but have an overall design them in mind before making purchases that may not fit with the direction your room is going. Unless you are doing an eclectic place, many themes don't mix and match well, especially if there are contrasting colors or 'moods' involved.
3) Take a piece of paper and attach color palettes (you can find these in the paint section of the hardware stores), fabric swatches, and any other primary color or style themes from your bathroom (perhaps one of the drawer pulls), take this with you when choosing hardware and such. Gives you a visual aid that is portable and will assist a lot in determining whether looks or even colors match.
4) Be aware of person/people for whom you are designing the room. Bright and lively works well for younger children. Vivid paint schemes and fluorescent lighting are the order of the day. Perhaps for a master bath, something more relaxing is in order, soft greens or blues, recessed or dimmed light, and maybe a heated floor will make this your private escape.
5) Have fun and let your imagination take over. Decorate to your taste and try to make this a room that you can enjoy visually and be comfortable.
Should give you an excellent start for ideas in designing your bathroom. I hope that you get many; many years of enjoyment out of the new room you create with a little money and a lot of imagination you can make a lovely place for you and your family to enjoy.